All You Need is Love
As Valentine's Day approaches, one of the most commercial days gets people thinking about Love and what that means. It really shouldn't just be about one day, but Valentine`s Day is the second most popular day of the year for sending cards, second only to Christmas. There are approximately 1 billion Valentine`s Day cards exchanged every year in the U.S. alone. Approximately 27 percent of those who buy flowers on Valentine`s Day are women. The other 73% are men.
So what does Love mean to you? The Love we feel for family and friends differs to the Love we feel for our spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend. The butterflies in your stomach and that warm fuzzy feeling when you see someone you love. But no one describes it better than the late Steve Jobs.
“You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle…
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Happy Valentine's Day.
Susie Crolla CEO